Position: Global Program Manager, Humanitarian Assistance
Location: This position is to be based in Washington, DC.
Start Date: As soon as Possible
We are retained by Miyamoto International, a purpose-driven firm with a mission to make the world a better, safer place. Miyamoto specializes in disaster risk management and provide resiliency expertise that sustains industries and safeguards communities around the world.
With an expanding portfolio of humanitarian assistance and disaster preparedness, risk mitigation and recovery programs, Miyamoto is currently seeking a Global Program Manager, Humanitarian Assistance who has a passion for international development and humanitarian work to become a member of our growing and dynamic global International Development and Humanitarian practice area.
The Global Program Manager, Humanitarian Assistance, will serve as Miyamoto’s disaster response manager, and ensure strong coordination, quality management and oversight of Miyamoto’s disaster response activities, and overall humanitarian assistance portfolio. The position will interface regularly with country-based and globally-based technical experts and implementation teams for timely and quality delivery of Miyamoto’s technical assistance work. This is a high energy role and will require the ability to rapidly mobilize, organize, manage, and work effectively on complex opportunities, in rapid response to immediate humanitarian crises, and often across multiple time zones. The Global Program Manager must be willing and able to travel on short notice to disaster sites.
Key Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership to Miyamoto’s humanitarian response programs, ensuring that priorities are in line with and contribute to achievement of project goals, donor needs and requirements, and Miyamoto objectives
- Rapidly mobilize and deploy to disaster sites, overseeing coordination and management of humanitarian responses
- Represent Miyamoto’s humanitarian assistance work with donor partners, private sector, academia, and other key stakeholders, in close coordination with the country teams and global colleagues
- Work with teams to understand and effectively manage client, host government and partner expectations
- Contribute to operational planning and ensure compliance with donor regulations, and Miyamoto policies and procedures
- Support the strengthening and development of monitoring, evaluation and learning programs and operational strategies and their successful implementation across countries
- Ensure that Miyamoto’s global humanitarian program portfolio and implementation plans are on track to meet programmatic objectives and deliver humanitarian impact
- Work with the program, operation, and finance teams to ensure appropriate and timely grant spending to achieve program goals, including procurement, use and distribution of supplies and resources. Substantial support to financial management, budget forecasting and other related activities
- Support to knowledge management and capture of learning from programs
- Support to the development of project management and operational processes and systems
- Team mentorship, including communicating clear expectations, establishing a supportive environment while emphasizing accountability
- Communicating frequently, proactively, and openly with Miyamoto on programming and implementation status, including raising and troubleshooting challenges
- Leadership in growing the humanitarian assistance portfolio with business development acumen, including support to proposal writing and development
- Minimum 5+ years of demonstrated success in managing humanitarian operations and leading humanitarian response teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in international relations/international development, business, or a related field; Master’s degree a plus.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively and diplomatically cross-culturally
- Attention to detail, in particular assuring work planning and deliverables are in line with donor and Miyamoto compliance and expectations
- Knowledge of humanitarian assistance sector standards, rules, and regulations
- Demonstrated skills and motivation towards gender and cultural sensitivities, championing organizational and staff diversity and upholding the organizational core values
- Minimum 3-5 years of experienced in developing humanitarian response proposals, including project budgets, and managing these ensuring projects are executed in accordance with approved scope of work and within budget guidelines during implementation
- Fluency in English at the Excellent or Native level is required; working knowledge of a second language, such as French or Spanish is preferred.
- Experience with working with USAID’s Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (or former Food for Peace, or OFDA) highly advantageous.
- Experience with and/or ability to quickly master key IT tools, such as Microsoft Teams
- Ability to maintain and manage corporate confidential information
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US without sponsorship
Application Instructions: We encourage you to apply by email by sending your CV to: email@example.com. Please add “Global Program Manager, DC” to the subject line and attach the following documents:
1.) Resume/CV that clearly shows you meet the Qualifications Requirements, and
2.) Brief cover letter highlighting relevant knowledge and required experience in proposal development, project budgets, and the other job qualification’s areas listed.
3.) After receipt of application, candidates will be notified and must apply online through Miyamoto’s employment portal to be considered for the position.
Deadline for Applications: Finalists under Review - Open until filled.
Miyamoto International is seeking the best and brightest professionals to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated leader with exceptional program management skills, as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks. Your entrepreneurial spirit should motivate others, inspire new ideas and contribute toward growth and impact. Successful candidates share our passion for helping others and strive to improve the quality of their work with each new challenge. This is an opportunity to expand your creativity and build your expertise in the field.
Miyamoto International is an equal opportunity employer.