We are happy to be accepting applications for another career builder position: Senior Project Accountant, for The Mitchell Group (TMG). Please review the full description before applying, and make sure you match all qualifications. Important: Because this position is based in the US, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., at the time of application,
Title: Senior Project Accountant
Location: Washington, DC (with 10% travel to target country locations.)
Start Date: As soon as possible.
The Senior Project Accountant provides full-scale financial management and accounting support to multiple projects within the TMG portfolio. The position will manage the full-cycle AR/Billing function, financial management, field and HQ account reconciliations (including bank reconciliations for assigned projects), pricing and budget analysis, contract compliance, and provision of financial management assistance to multiple projects. The position will also work collaboratively with colleagues and client teams, consultants, field staff, and support units throughout TMG. The responsibilities of the position would include:
1. • Manage the preparation, review, and process of complex billing vouchers for USG Contract types, i.e., Cost Plus, Time & Material, and Fixed Price with CLIN structures budgets. Prepare general ledger accounting journal entries, reconcile field office advance, and cash accounts, review field receipts and supporting documentation for justification of approved expenditures, and preparation of monthly billing vouchers.
2. • Resolve complex invoicing and reconciliation issues on field office accounts.
3. • Work closely with the project team and field office to prepare accurate monthly vouchers.
4. • Monitor, track, and analyze approved project expenses in relation to budget.
5. • Review labor and expense charges for accuracy in relation to contract terms.
6. • Provide routine financial and accounting liaison between the Home and Field Office teams. Provide routine support to the Controller to ensure compliance with assigned contracts.
7. • Provide periodic budget variances, pipeline and funding analyses reports for all contract portfolios.
8. • Maintain budgetary control over assigned contracts using appropriate bookkeeping and cost control systems.
9. • Maintain essential contract/project records, as well as other detailed project files.
10. • Foster a work environment based on quality teamwork, mutual accountability, and high-quality performance.
11. • Elevates contractual or client concerns to the Controller, Project Director or Unit Lead.
The candidate must demonstrate the following abilities:
1. Sound judgment, foresight, meticulous, and excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
2. Excellent business communication, organizational, and analytical skills
3. Knowledge of generally accepted budgeting and accounting principles.
4. Familiar with the FAR, AIDAR, and contract compliance clauses.
5. Ability to interpret complex policies, rules, and regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting.
• 5 – 7 years of experience in USG accounting or finance.
• Experience with USG-funded programs.
• Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, and strong Deltek Costpoint; QuickBooks software skills required.
• Experience with financial operations on USG contracts, reporting, procurement, and compliance.
• Ability to work a hybrid in-office/remote schedule at TMG’s home office in DC, required.
• Applicants must be living or willing to relocate to the Washington, DC metro area. Moving expenses will not be reimbursed.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., at the time of application, without sponsorship.
• Foreign languages skills
• Foreign Country experience in target project/s country assigned.
To apply, please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Project Accountant- US” in the subject line.
1.) Resume/CV that clearly shows you meet the Qualifications requirements, and
2.) Brief (1 page) cover letter highlighting relevant knowledge and experience in the qualifications’ areas mentioned.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is identified. All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
Deadline for Application: Open until filled.
I am retained by Whole Child International to accept applications on their behalf for the following position. Job Title: Chief of Party Location: San Salvador, El Salvador. Expected Start Date: ASAP Description of Whole Child International: Whole Child International’s mission is to improve quality of care for vulnerable children regardless of the setting in which they live. Our systems-based,...
We are happy to be accepting applications for another career builder position: Senior Project Accountant, for The Mitchell Group (TMG). Please review the full description before applying, and make sure you match all qualifications. Important: Because this position is based in the US, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., at the time of application, Title: Senior Project...
I am accepting applications until September 24th for The Mitchell Group (TMG) that is hiring for several positions. Because this position is based in the US, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., at the time of application. Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist (Mid-Level) Location: Washington, DC (Applicant must be legally authorized to work in...
Position: ESL teachers in Kindergartens, primary & middle schools, and training centers Location: Tianjin City, China Start Date: Open since September 2020 (contingent on China border policies.) We are retained by International Education - Tianjin Yuming, in looking for high-energy candidates with positive attitudes to teach English in schools all across Tianjin, China (located just outside...