I am accepting applications until September 24th for The Mitchell Group (TMG) that is hiring for several positions. Because this position is based in the US, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., at the time of application.
Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist (Mid-Level)
Location: Washington, DC (Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the US)
Start Date: As soon as possible.
TMG is recruiting for a MEL Specialist position. This position will provide innovation, creativity, and strategic direction in MEL proposal development and project implementation; high-level data analytics; preparation of potential portfolio growth and networking opportunities at TMG to further achieve its corporate mission; and basic understanding of the needs and expectations of TMG’s major client, USAID and other USG agencies. The position will also provide home office and field technical backstopping for TMG’s ongoing projects in the areas of data analysis, research, technical report writing, review and editing.
I. Major Duties, Responsibilities
A. Innovation and Expertise on frontier issues
- Conduct ongoing desk research to stay current and at the vanguard of new findings and cutting-edge innovations relating to MEL, Resilience, Systems Approach, and other relevant emergent sectors or
- As the innovation and frontier issues SME, provide creative strategic and technical advice on frontier issues relevant to technical proposals and TMG strategic direction as
B. Technical Project Management and Field Support
- Provide technical-backup support for senior leadership positions in the field (COP, DCOP, and technical experts) primarily in Africa, but also globally as This may include occasional travel to field offices to provide technical assistance as needed.
- Supervise and mentor any junior level staff assigned to the projects.
- Interpret and analyze M&E data (e.g., baseline, midline, endline surveys) and findings with the goal of reporting back insights, interpretations, conclusions, and recommendations as
- Provide technical backstopping support to the management team for the ongoing subcontracts on the IDIQs as needed.
- Provide field training on frontier issues as
- Provide expertise in developing infographics as
C. TMG Strategy, Marketing, and Direction Support
- Facilitate TMG Internal Strategy
- Advise TMG Leadership on strategic decisions, new directions, and opportunities when needed.
- Advise TMG Leadership on company image and marketing issues, and TMG’s print and online marketing materials, making them concise, compelling, up-to-date and consistent with the strategic statements of TMG’s major clients.
- Analyzes new business lessons learned to integrate learning to strengthen ongoing business development and marketing.
- Build professional connections for TMG, to include key consultants in our practice areas, networking and strengthening relationships with key USAID and USG client’s staff.
D. Business Development: Technical Writing, Research, Review, and Analysis
- Provide leadership (including drafting key technical proposal sections (technical approach, management and staffing plan, past performance, etc.) reviewing, and/or strategic advice for critical proposals, particularly those relating to MEL, Research Design, Systems Approach, Resilience, Capacity Building.
- Provide support on other proposals, including the review and strengthening of proposals as needed, and data analytics as required or needed.
- Leads pre-proposal planning efforts including identifying potential MEL new business opportunities, prioritizing bid opportunities, conducting research, and leading reconnaissance trips to the field, identifying potential partners (U.S., local, and international partners), and leading recruitment and teaming discussions.
- Participates in formulating competitive and compliant pricing strategies and contributes to the completion of cost proposals by TMG’s Financial Management staff.
- Contributes to the recruitment of long and short-term staff for competitive bids and supports recruitment efforts with TMG’s BD staff including identifying potential candidates, interviewing, and vetting prospective candidates, and participating in final candidate selection.
- Manages and writes competitive and compliant technical proposals for submission to USAID, other USG agencies, and other donors in accordance with RFPs, RFQs, RFTOPs, and TMG’s BD strategy.
- Supervises BD consultants when needed to ensure compliance, delivery of quality products, and adherence to the terms of each contract. Ensures contract compliance, schedule of delivery, and financial performance.
- Advise on programmatic indicator creation/selection where there are complex or abstract measurement
- Support and draft technical responses to challenging donor queries as needed.
- Conduct basic research and report writing as needed.
- Assess TMG’s current consultant database and advise TMG’s senior management on its utility, update, upgrade and potential usefulness for recruitment and other activities.
- Develop infographics tailored to proposal efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Anthropology, Development Studies; and/or a related field with plus seven to nine years of relevant experience or a master’s degree in related field plus and a minimum of five to seven years of relevant experience in international development projects or programs, preferably in the field and including…
- At least five (5) years of direct responsibility for managing MEL systems required.
- Specialized knowledge and experience in the area of MEL methodologies and approaches, including Quantitative, qualitative, and participatory approaches.
- Planning, design, and implementation of MEL systems for two (2) large-scale development projects.
- Devising and delivering training in M&E development and implementation and/or facilitating learning-oriented analysis sessions of MEL data with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent analytical, communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Good understanding of GESI concepts and approaches in MEL
- Understanding of USG development proposal development experience.
- Conversant with standard office computer software and basic database software (Access, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team a hybrid in-office/remote schedule at TMG’s home office in DC, is required.
- Applicants must be living or willing to relocate to the Washington, DC metro area. Moving expenses will not be reimbursed.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., at the time of application, without sponsorship.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit the following documents to email@example.com with “MEL Specialist” in the Subject line.
1.) send Resume/CV that clearly shows you meet the Qualifications requirements, and
2.) a brief (1 page) cover letter highlighting relevant knowledge and experience in the qualifications’ areas mentioned.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be filled as soon as a qualified candidate is identified. All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
Deadline for Application: Open until filled