Title: Program Manager
Location: Washington DC office, (with 20 % travel to Liberia, and other countries.)
Start date, duration: ASAP, this is a full-time staff position.
I am retained by The Mitchell Group to source and accept applicants for the following position: The Program Manager is a key player in the implementation of TMG projects in his/her portfolio. S/he back stops field activities by providing the required support per the contract Statement of Work.
Specific tasks undertaken by the Program Manager:
Under the supervision of the Project Director, the Program Manager will:
- Perform the full range of project backstopping responsibilities for the assigned projects and contracts. These responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- - Manage the performance of the work required by the project/contract Statement of Work.
- - Manage the project budget, to ensure that the project funding is sufficient to accomplish the work required.
- - Maintain essential contract/project records, as well as other detailed project files.
- - Review monthly field operating expenses and other local project expenses to ensure that they are proper and correct.
- - Review billings to the project submitted by vendors, consultants, etc., including preparation and obtaining approval of Payment Request Documents.
- - Prepare/compute travel reconciliations for staff and consultant travel.
- - Coordinate with the applicable TMG field offices to determine monthly funding requirement.
- Make all necessary/appropriate arrangements for the fielding of consultants and permanent/temporary staff supporting the project.