If you know individuals in Afghanistan trying to get to safety, below are some resources that may be helpful:

If you or someone you know is a U.S. citizen* in Afghanistan that wants to leave the country, please fill out the Repatriation Assistance Request form here: https://af.usembassy.gov/security-alert-u-s-embassy-kabul-august-16-2021/

*This form is only for the following groups: 

  • U.S. Citizen with a valid U.S. passport

  • Legal Permanent Resident with an unexpired Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)

  • A non-U.S. Citizen awaiting an Immigrant Visa

  • A non-U.S. Citizen and non-LPR adult parent or guardian accompanying a U.S. citizen or LPR minor child.

If you or someone you know has an approved petition for a Special Immigrant Visa (SIV), email NVCSIV@state.gov or call 1-603-334-0828.

If you or someone you know is an Afghan national who worked as a contractor with U.S. forces, non-governmental organizations, or the media in Afghanistan, you can find information on the P-2 safe passage admissions program here: https://www.state.gov/u-s-refugee-admissions-program-priority-2-designation-for-afghan-nationals/?akid=2346.968215.4oz3Yd&rd=1&t=3

If you are seeking assistance or an update on an immigrant visa for a loved one or a colleague, please complete our casework request form with my office. In the description portion of the form, kindly include the following information about the individual (the visa applicant) you are seeking an update on: any application or case numbers, their full name, date of birth, and details on their current situation. Please include your relation to the applicant. 

**Please note: our office cannot guarantee evacuation and relocation of any individual from Afghanistan, but will do what we can to raise your issues with the State Department and will make every effort to provide constituents with the most up-to-date information and resources that are available.

Congreswoman Wexter s   Washington, D.C. Office;  1217 Longworth HOBWashington, DC 20515                Phone: (202) 225-5136Fax: 202-225-0437