Position: Team Leader, for Health Service Deliver project
Anticipated Start Date: Period of Performance: Two (2) months
The Mitchell Group (TMG), an international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC, is currently seeking applications from qualified Team Leader candidates to propose for a mid-term evaluation of the Health Service Deliver project (HSD) for USAID in Guinea.
To note, this opportunity is in the pre-proposal stage and will only be considered for the proposal stage and successful award of the contract.
The purpose of this activity is to conduct a mid-term evaluation of the Health Service Delivery project (HSD) in Guinea. HSD enters the last two years of implementation; this evaluation will establish what results have been achieved and how efforts can be refocused in the final years towards consolidating gains and achieving greater sustainability. The evaluation shall point out promising practices and lessons learned as well as identify
Findings and recommendations from this evaluation will be used by USAID and its Partners to determine how efforts and resources can be better directed towards achieving targeted outcomes over the remaining performance period. The evaluation will specifically address project effectiveness and sustainability; gender-based violence; fistula care and prevention support.
The team leader will be responsible for coordinating the activities, assign tasks to team members and supervise performance. S/he will be the main point of contact between the evaluation Activity Manager at USAID and the evaluation team. The Team Leader will review all plans and outputs and be responsible for submitting quality products to USAID.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in development studies, health management, public health, applied research or related fields.
- Over ten years progressive international experience in designing and implementing maternal child health programs in Africa or similar settings.
- Must have played significant role designing, managing or executing a minimum of seven evaluations, at least five for public sector health activities and at least two in West Africa or similar contexts.
- Should have been team leader in a minimum of five evaluations, with at least one evaluating activities of similar scale.
- Knowledge and understanding of decentralized health systems in similar contexts.
- Experience with health systems strengthening.
- Skills in quantitative and qualitative evaluation design and methods.
- Proficient in both English and French.
- This individual will be a good writer and strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Multiple country work experience is required.
- Ability to work positively in a diverse work environment and under difficult environmental conditions
- Ability to bring out the best in a diverse, multidisciplinary project team
- Strong critical thinking skills, organizational skills and ability to prioritize appropriately
- Strong understanding of the principles and processes of health service delivery and M&E, particularly in relation to USAID programming
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills
- Strong demonstrated reporting skills
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and simple manner
Deadline for Application: January 14, 2019