Title: Program Manager
Location: Washington DC office, (with 20 % travel to Liberia, and other countries.)
Start date, duration: ASAP, this is a full-time staff position.
I am retained by The Mitchell Group to source and accept applicants for the following position: The Program Manager is a key player in the implementation of TMG projects in his/her portfolio. S/he back stops field activities by providing the required support per the contract Statement of Work.
Specific tasks undertaken by the Program Manager:
Under the supervision of the Project Director, the Program Manager will:
- Perform the full range of project backstopping responsibilities for the assigned projects and contracts. These responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- - Manage the performance of the work required by the project/contract Statement of Work.
- - Manage the project budget, to ensure that the project funding is sufficient to accomplish the work required.
- - Maintain essential contract/project records, as well as other detailed project files.
- - Review monthly field operating expenses and other local project expenses to ensure that they are proper and correct.
- - Review billings to the project submitted by vendors, consultants, etc., including preparation and obtaining approval of Payment Request Documents.
- - Prepare/compute travel reconciliations for staff and consultant travel.
- - Coordinate with the applicable TMG field offices to determine monthly funding requirement.
- Make all necessary/appropriate arrangements for the fielding of consultants and permanent/temporary staff supporting the project.
2. Assist with the development and scheduling of program work plans in accordance with deliverable specifications and funding limitations;
3. Oversee daily operations and coordinate project logistics;
4. Administer and monitor program activities and assist with determination of priorities;
5. Confer with specialists and/or undertake research to provide technical advice, problem solving assistance, and answers to questions related to program goals and policy interpretation;
6. Coordinate program activities with related activities of other programs, departments and staff within TMG to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate policies, procedures and specifications;
7. Draft periodic reports and records on program activities, progress, status or other special reports for management or funding agency;
8. Assist in evaluation of program effectiveness and in development of improved methods
9. Organize and facilitate travel, workshops, meetings or conferences, coordinating logistics, scheduling and participant communications, and participate in such events;
10. Oversight of field office personnel and timekeeping records
11. Assist in proposal preparation including:
12. Assisting in proposal development: personnel recruiting and personnel narrative section of proposal, corporate capabilities section, and possibly some technical writing (depending on nature of RFP). Also edit and format proposals
13. Helping to facilitate teaming arrangements
14. Undertake other duties as necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years related professional experience in providing administrative and management support to complex US Government and international donor funded projects overseas;
- Minimum of 2-3 years of project management backstopping;
- Strong knowledge of US Government, FAR rules and regulations;
- Experience in project financial management and budgeting processes;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability/willingness to travel to project sites, as needed (20% travel);
- US citizenship or prior authorization to work in the US;
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience in Africa preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- French and/or regional language skills is an advantage
Deadline for Application: November 20 or until filled.
Sincere thanks for reviewing this position. I hope that, if the requirements do not match your profile, you will forward to your colleagues who may be interested.