Title: Chief of Party (COP)
Location: Kabul Afghanistan
Start Date: ASAP
The COP will provide overall management, technical direction and administrative oversight for this USAID-funded project. S/he will ensure that results, quality standards and schedules are met on time and within budget. The COP will oversee the finance and operations, contracts and compliance, and monitoring and evaluation for the project. S/he will coordinate closely with USAID and GIRoA in developing, implementing and reporting on the project. S/he will ensure that project results are accurately and transparently captured and communicated at all levels. The COP will serve as the principal liaison to USAID and will ensure effective coordination with relevant GIRoA stakeholders and other donors/donor-funded projects.
- At least ten years of progressively responsible international development experience as Project Director, COP, DCOP, or comparable other management roles of large, complex donor funded technical assistance projects in transitional or post-conflict countries.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and collaborate with host government officials, local organizations, and partners and coordinate with a variety of USG entities, including other programs.
- Fifteen years of relevant experience, including a background in one or more specialisms: technical, managerial, institutional development or capacity development.
- Ability to manage large and complex contracts, manage internal controls, effectively monitor project progress and the achievement of results, meet all contract deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
- A minimum of a master’s degree or higher advanced degree.
Academic Qualification Standards:
Deadline for Application is -------------- never opened