Title: Chief of Party
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Expected Start date and Duration of Assignment: June 2019, 5 years
AECOM is currently seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) activity in Cote d’Ivoire and Benin.
The program will focus on strengthening the ability of municipal governments and urban water and sanitation service providers to expand, improve, and sustain equitable water and sanitation services through enhanced financial viability, operational reliability and transparency.
The COP will be responsible for overall management, technical direction, and administration to ensure project success. This includes the supervision of all field-based program technical staff, consultants, locally-hired support staff, and partners. The COP will ensure the quality and timeliness of all project deliverables. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring effective coordination of all project activities with those of relevant institutions, other donors, and related USG or USAID-funded activities. S/he will also ensure program results and outcomes meet client satisfaction, are submitted on time and meet quality standards.
- Hold an advanced degree (Masters or higher) in a relevant field, such as water engineering, public health or natural resource management;
- At least ten (10) years of progressively responsible international work experience managing water development projects/programs in one or more of these areas: WASH, social behavior change, governance or institutional development;
- At least five (5) years of experience managing WASH service projects in a developing country;
- Five (5) years’ work experience in a West Africa context is is strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding of, and experience working in, the urban WASH sector, particularly around activities focused on policy, governance and utility strengthening;
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible supervisory work experience including direct supervision of professional and support staff and experience assembling and managing teams working on complex multi-faceted international development programs;
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, in both English and French:
- Multiple country work experience is required.
Deadline for Application: Open until filled.