Title: Public Private Partnership (PPP) Director
Project: West Africa Trade and Investment Hub
Location: Abuja, Nigeria Start Date: September 2019
AECOM International Development is seeking a Public Private Partnership (PPP) Director for the USAID West Africa Trade and Investment Hub project. The anticipated program will seeks to improve private sector competitiveness in West Africa with a focus on increasing the agricultural productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers in Nigeria, and promoting West Africa’s regional and international trade.
Toward this end, the Trade and Investment Hub Activity is jointly established and funded by USAID/Nigeria, USAID/West Africa, USAID/Cote d’Ivoire, USAID/Senegal and other USAID Missions. The Activity comprises two main components: (i) design and administration of a Grant-making Facility for private sector partnerships and (ii) technical assistance (TA) that directly supports, coordinates, and engages with qualifying recipients (i.e., partners and grantees) to achieve USAID’s trade and food security objectives.
Responsibilities: The PPP Director will identify and establish relationships with potential businesses to form partnerships. He/She will maintain liaisons with both public and private partners that have committed support to the project and innovative win-win partnerships.
- Master’s degree in economics, business administration, agriculture or related field;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in private sector development and a strong focus on development of partnerships with leading private sector companies and associations.
- Must be bilingual in both English and French
- Must demonstrate experience and private sector relationships in West Africa to advance the program results and objectives.
- Must have previous management experience with similar activities.
- Demonstration of strong communication skills
- Must demonstrate capacity to form innovative win-win partnerships.
Deadline for Application: extended to January 4th.