Title: Proposal Writer
Location: Washington, DC
Start Date and Length of Assignment: Immediately --needed by July 3, for a two-week assignment.
This Proposal Writer position is to support the USAID/Jordan Enhancing School Management and Planning (ESMP) proposal, on behalf of The Mitchell Group (TMG).
Roles & Responsibilities: Responsible for researching, writing, and editing the ESMP Technical proposal and associated Technical Annexes throughout the life of the proposal until submission. Participates in proposal strategy, design, writing, and review sessions as required with the business development and technical teams. Reviews and contributes to proposal outlines to ensure responsiveness and alignment with solicitation requirements and works with subject matter experts to write and prepare material for the Technical proposal and associated Technical Annexes. Work collaboratively with the proposal team, including with external experts, to ensure alignment and consistency between sections, follow the timeline, comply with deadlines, and ensure timely Technical proposal submission.
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
- Research, write, and edit technical material for the technical proposal and associated technical Annexes, and meet all Technical proposal deadlines
- Participate in proposal strategy, design, writing, review, and costing sessions as required with business development and technical teams throughout the life of the proposal until submission
- Review and contribute to proposal outlines to ensure responsiveness and alignment with RFP requirements
- Work with subject matter experts to prepare material for the Technical proposal, including interviewing experts as needed and reviewing and revising text prepared by experts
- Review proposal pieces and final text for clarity, consistency, and responsiveness to RFP requirements in preparation for proposal reviews and final production
- Edit and proofread proposal sections and serve as proposal reviewer, as required
- Support other writing tasks by ensuring alignment of Technical Approach and associated Technical Annexes with other sections, including Management Approach and Personnel Qualification and Experience sections
- Proven experience and success in writing USAID proposals, preferably in the education sector
- Excellent writing and editing skills and ability to work effectively in a tight timeframe
- Knowledge of Jordan’s education sector preferred
- Knowledge of both English and Arabic preferred
Deadline for Application: ASAP up to July 3
The Mitchell Group, Inc. (TMG) is a global solutions leader providing meaningful impact and sustainable solutions to development efforts affecting the lives of ordinary people. We are a veteran-owned business with over 30 years of international development program experience. TMG has performed highly successful, long-term contracts for US government clients such as USAID and National Institutes of Health (NIH) in supporting their various projects in multiple countries on 6 continents throughout the world. Many of those projects have been in Africa, where TMG has worked in 38 of its countries and currently has offices in Ghana, Burkina Faso, Niger, Guinea, Liberia, Mali, and Ethiopia. Through these projects, TMG has gained broad, multi-sector experience in managing more than 100 US government contracts. We work with a large group of highly qualified experts whose specialized skills provide expertise to perform services in various technical areas, logistical management, financial management, administration, project management, MIS services, capacity building, training, and other sectors.
TMG has been a leading contractor in assisting the US National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and other domestic and international agencies with their important international biomedical research efforts to find cures for such human scourges as Malaria, AIDS and Ebola. TMG has also assisted USAID in successfully performing major contracts implementing its international development programs in such functional areas as Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Training, Health Services, Countering Violent Extremism, Disaster Management, Agriculture and Food Security, and Outreach and Communications.