Title: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
Location: Amman, Jordan
Anticipated Start Date and duration: November 30, 2018 The proposed project will last 4 years and is contingent on TMG’s success in obtaining funding.
I am retained to accept applications for this Deputy Chief of Party position on behalf of The Mitchell Group (TMG). It is for the USAID/Jordan Enhancing School Management and Planning (ESMP) proposal. Jordanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Roles & Responsibilities: Responsible for planning activities and developing training materials, training and mentoring, and studies. Coordinates with the Chief of Party to incorporate all activities in one coherent work plan for the project. Additionally, responsible for the implementation of performance standards and for reporting against PMP indicators.
Demonstrates professional excellence in their technical areas of expertise, excellent writing ability, fluency in English and Arabic, and effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to resolve work issues with senior country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff. This position requires experience in relevant technical, management, administrative, and capacity building experience in developing countries.
- Master’s degree preferred in Civil Engineering or Engineering Management OR Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of current multimillion-dollar construction project management experience
- Must have experience in relevant technical, management, administrative, and capacity building experience in developing countries
- Experience in preparing and delivering training and training materials
- Experience in Implementation of performance standards and reporting against PMP indicators
- Excellent writing ability
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Effective cross-cultural / interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to resolve work issues with senior country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff
- Demonstrated work with associations is preferred (e.g. engineering or construction associations)
- Qualified Jordanian nationals will be given strong preference.
Deadline for Application: July 11 or until filled
The Mitchell Group, Inc. (TMG) is a global solutions leader providing meaningful impact and sustainable solutions to development efforts affecting the lives of ordinary people. We are a veteran-owned business with over 30 years of international development program experience. TMG has performed highly successful, long-term contracts for US government clients such as USAID and National Institutes of Health (NIH) in supporting their various projects in multiple countries on 6 continents throughout the world. Many of those projects have been in Africa, where TMG has worked in 38 of its countries and currently has offices in Ghana, Burkina Faso, Niger, Guinea, Liberia, Mali, and Ethiopia. Through these projects, TMG has gained broad, multi-sector experience in managing more than 100 US government contracts. We work with a large group of highly qualified experts whose specialized skills provide expertise to perform services in various technical areas, logistical management, financial management, administration, project management, MIS services, capacity building, training, and other sectors.
TMG has been a leading contractor in assisting the US National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and other domestic and international agencies with their important international biomedical research efforts to find cures for such human scourges as Malaria, AIDS and Ebola. TMG has also assisted USAID in successfully performing major contracts implementing its international development programs in such functional areas as Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Training, Health Services, Countering Violent Extremism, Disaster Management, Agriculture and Food Security, and Outreach and Communications.