Title: Chief of Party (COP),
Location: Amman, Jordan
Anticipated Start Date and duration: November 30, 2018 The proposed project will last 4 years, and is contingent on TMG’s success in obtaining funding.
I am retained to accept applications for this Chief of Party position on behalf of The Mitchell Group (TMG). The COP will manage the USAID/Jordan Enhancing School Management and Planning (ESMP) proposal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Leads all aspects of contract performance, provides technical guidance to all tasks under the contract, and represents the Contractor’s activities to outside audiences. Additionally, responsible for leading the strategic planning for the program, including annual work plans; ensures close coordination with USAID COR and program partners in the GOJ, NGOs, business associations, and donor communities; and is responsible for the day-to-day operational oversight and administration of the program.
- Master’s degree preferred or Bachelor’s degree in Institutional Capacity Building or Organizational Development;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in project management that involves host government providing capacity building for local and national governments or institutions;
- Managed at least 2 similar projects in terms of scope and complexity;
- Firm understanding of the Jordanian educational context and school construction;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Demonstrated work with associations is preferred (e.g., engineering or construction associations) ;
- Very Good – Excellent fluency in English
- Multiple country work experience is required.
Deadline for Application: July 3 or until filled.
The Mitchell Group, Inc. (TMG) is a global solutions leader providing meaningful impact and sustainable solutions to development efforts affecting the lives of ordinary people. We are a veteran-owned business with over 30 years of international development program experience. TMG has performed highly successful, long-term contracts for US government clients such as USAID and National Institutes of Health (NIH) in supporting their various projects in multiple countries on 6 continents throughout the world. Many of those projects have been in Africa, where TMG has worked in 38 of its countries and currently has offices in Ghana, Burkina Faso, Niger, Guinea, Liberia, Mali, and Ethiopia. Through these projects, TMG has gained broad, multi-sector experience in managing more than 100 US government contracts. We work with a large group of highly qualified experts whose specialized skills provide expertise to perform services in various technical areas, logistical management, financial management, administration, project management, MIS services, capacity building, training, and other sectors.
TMG has been a leading contractor in assisting the US National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and other domestic and international agencies with their important international biomedical research efforts to find cures for such human scourges as Malaria, AIDS and Ebola. TMG has also assisted USAID in successfully performing major contracts implementing its international development programs in such functional areas as Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Training, Health Services, Countering Violent Extremism, Disaster Management, Agriculture and Food Security, and Outreach and Communications.