Position: Team Lead/Evaluation Specialist.
Location: Bamako, Mali (with travel to other regions of the country)
Start date: July 2018
I am accepting applications for this position on behalf of The Mitchell Group (TMG). Please review Roles and Responsibilities and Qualifications requirements, below, to be sure you meet the profile requested by TMG.
Roles & Responsibilities: The team leader will be responsible for providing team leadership; managing the team’s activities, ensuring that all deliverables are met in a timely manner, serving as a liaison between the USAID and the evaluation/analytic team, and leading briefings and presentations. S/he also provides quality assurance on evaluation issues, including methods, development of data collection instruments, protocols for data collection, data management and data analysis.
S/He will oversee the training of all engaged in data collection, ensuring the highest level of reliability and validity of data being collected. S/he is the lead analyst, responsible for all data analysis, and will coordinate the analysis of all data, assuring all quantitative and qualitative data analyses are done to meet the needs for this evaluation. S/he will participate in all aspects of the evaluation, from planning, data collection, data analysis to report writing. The team lead should have significant experience conducting project evaluations/analytics.
- An advanced degree in public health, evaluation or research or related field;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in public health, which included experience in implementation of health activities in developing countries.
- At least 5 years managing M&E projects, including evaluations;
- Demonstrated experience leading health sector project/program evaluation/analytics, utilizing both quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Experience implementing and coordinating others to implement surveys, key informant interviews, focus groups, observations and other evaluation methods that assure reliability and validity of the data;
- Excellent skills in planning, facilitation, and consensus building;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience successfully interacting with host government officials, civil society partners, and other stakeholders;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to keep to a timeline;
- Good writing skills, with extensive report writing experience;
- Experience working in the region, and experience in Mali is desirable;
- Proficient in both French and English;
- Familiarity with USAID policies and practices, including evaluation policy, results frameworks, and performance monitoring plans.
- Multiple Country work experience is required.
Deadline for Application: June 30, 2018
*Applicants that do not have a USAID Biodata Form 1420, or need to obtain this form, please go to AID 1420-17 (Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet), or https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-1420-17 to get your copy.
Thank you for viewing this position. If the position is outside your area of expertise, I hope you will forward it to colleagues that may be looking for such a position.