Title: Evaluation Team Leader
Location: Candidate may be telecommuting with travels to Morocco, & Washington DC
Anticipated Start date: This position is part of a USAID solicitation to be awarded
February 22, 2019. This position is contingent upon award. Duration of the assignment is expected to work 4-6 months during 2019.
TMG is seeking a Team Leader for the Performance Evaluation of the USAID/Morocco Project Appraisal Document (PAD) activities. The Performance Evaluation of the Education sector of USAID/Morocco's programming include evaluation of several active awards, the USAID/Morocco Project Appraisal Document (PAD), and how these support the Development Objectives of USAID/Morocco. The anticipated award date for this solicitation is expected to be February 22, 2019. This position is contingent upon award.
Evaluation Team Leader: Working closely with the other team members, the Evaluation Team Leader will be responsible for overall and day-to-day management of contract activities, involving multiple tasks across multiple locations. S/he is the principal interlocutor between the Contractor team members and USAID and is responsible for the overall compilation of all deliverables under this contract. S/he is responsible for staffing, project planning, project financials, and staff direction and oversight, and maintains and manages the relationship with USAID.
Collaborating closely with the other team members, S/he will also lead the quantitative components of the evaluation, the quantitative data analysis, the cost analyses, and the reporting through reports, publications, journal articles, conference presentations, and social media.
- Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing, managing, and identifying quantitative and qualitative tasks, measures, and indicators.
- Provide education related technical experience and analysis throughout the course of the evaluation.
- Responsible for ensuring high quality analysis and synthesis of evaluation products related to education.
- Responsible for providing recommendations for gaps found in the course of the evaluation.
- Responsible for providing written reports to be submitted to USAID and other major stakeholders.
- Master's degree or higher in economics, statistics, education, or related field required,
- Minimum 10 years of International Education programming experience, including Monitoring and Evaluation of these programs, required.
- Demonstrated experience managing with USAID funded projects (e.g. team leader, implementer, M&E specialist in several projects) required,
- Excellent demonstrated oral and written communication skills are required,
- Minimum 3+ years of experience conducting quantitative research required,
- Experience managing mixed methods research preferred (quantitative and qualitative methods),
- Strong background and training in quantitative research methodologies required,
- Experience and knowledge of data analysis and data management techniques using STATA Experience managing and coordinating complex evaluations, including evaluations of international projects required.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills,
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team,
- Multiple Country work experience is required,
- Relevant experience and knowledge of the MENA region context is required, and experience in Morocco and its education system is preferred,
- 5 years of evaluation experience or working with evaluations teams preferred,
- Proven ability in writing scientific papers and outcomes research reports, and ability to use research findings to evaluate program implementation and operations,
- Oral and written fluency in English required; Arabic and French preferred.
Deadline for Application:May 26, 2018 or until filled
*Applicants that do not have a USAID Biodata Form 1420, or need to obtain this form, please go to AID 1420-17 (Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet), or https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-1420-17 to get your copy.