Title: Interim Director of Programs and Compliance
Location: Washington DC
Start Date and Duration: To start Immediately -- This is expected to be a 5 month assignment
VEGA is a nonprofit 501 (c) (3) organization based in Washington, DC. The mandate of VEGA is to implement sustainable economic growth programs in developing countries in key areas such as private sector development, financial services, agribusiness development and opportunities for rural and urban poor.
VEGA is currently recruiting an Interim Director of Programs and Compliance, reporting directly to the President and CEO, to provide quality assurance, job knowledge, and staff supervision and mentoring for program management of VEGA's portfolio of 13 Associate Cooperative Agreements with USAID and the wind-down of a Farmer to Farmer Special Program Support Project involving subgrants. Knowledge management, partner relations and member services will also fall under the overall supervisory responsibilities of this position.
- Support the President and CEO and supervise, guide and mentor two program management, knowledge management and partner relations staff to ensure effective implementation and coordination of VEGA LWA sub-award and direct grant program activities and monitor progress toward the achievement of the program goals and objectives
- Liaise with technical and agreement officers and ensure Associate Award responsiveness to USAID Bureaus of Economic Growth and Food Security, and field Missions.
- Coordinate with the Business Development Team to ensure that new design efforts are well structured and compliant with client rules and regulations, manage and /or lead procurement design as requested by USAID Missions.
- Provide management oversight and monitoring support to VEGA's project implementing organizations; and ensure that the organization and member implementing partners are in compliance with USAID and other donor rules and regulations.
- Keep up to date on all USAID and other donor rules and regulations, which VEGA and its implementing Member NGOs are required to comply with. Ensure that program and financial management staff are aware of such rules and regulations, through training, coaching, and maintenance of Audit Programs.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of program activities and results to USAID, other donors, private sector partners, and foundations.
- Lead the monitoring of sub-awardees' completion of client-mandated external evaluations and audits.
- Direct knowledge management and monitoring and evaluation of VEGA programs to identify best practices in VEGA's Core Expertise for use in reporting to donors and marketing the capabilities of the alliance;
- Position may require occasional international travel to monitor program implementation and compliance.
* At least 5-7 years demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of international development activities is required; (preferably in the economic growth area);
* Minimum of three (3) years in senior program management including direct supervision of professional and support staff;
* Experience in Management of USG cooperative agreements (required),
* Minimum of 5 years of working with USAID regulations, systems and procedures in positions responsible for compliance of grant programs (required);
* Experience as a Deputy Chief of Party (desirable);
* Highly knowledgeable of nonprofit organizations' governance and HQ portfolio management, especially for nonprofits that receive funds from USAID.
* Previous experience successfully managing relationships with governments, donors, and other partners, preferably including in a complex political environment;
* Strong facilitation and analytical skills;
* Strong experience in mentoring and career development support for subordinate staff; and
* This is a US based position. US citizenship or authorization to work in the US is required.
* Advanced or professional degree in business, marketing, economic development or international affairs.
* Important! Must be willing to work for salary equivalent to $80-90k/annual salary range.
Personal Style And Attributes:
- Projects competence, confidence, maturity, gravitas
- Transparent, high level of integrity.
- Team leader and team player.
- Collaborative and supportive, yet not afraid to make decisions.
- Able to negotiate internal conflicts with insight and maturity.
- Shares VEGA's mission and values.
- Cherishes diversity in all its aspects.
- Proactive and results oriented.
Deadline for Application: May 26, 2018 or until filled