Title: Communications Advisor
Location: Accra, Ghana
Start Date (anticipated): January 2018, this position is contingent on TMG’s success in obtaining project funding.
I am recruiting this post on be behalf of The Mitchell Group,that is seeking a Communications Advisor for a bid in regional West Africa. The Communication Advisor shall be responsible for presenting activity data, research, and learning to a diverse relevant audience. The Communications Advisor shall have principal responsibility over the editing and review of all research products as well as the development, editing, and review of all communications products produced by the activity. They shall advise on dissemination methods and ensure that products are tailored appropriate audiences. They will also explore and develop means of making complex information, whether generated by the activity or other partners, easily understood. The Communications Advisor shall have the status of Deputy Chief of Party and be capable for directing and managing the activity in the absence of the Director.
The Ideal Candidate: The Communications Advisor should have a strong combination of technical, management and financial experience. Technical experience should include a combination of expertise in the areas of CLA (Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation), learning agenda development, analytical research, evaluation, and production of communication products of publishable quality. The Communications Advisor should also have experience with CVE (Countering Violent Extremism) and/or peace promotion.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements:
● At least 5 years of experience in communications, graphic design, or analytical research and/or program support mechanism;
● Bachelor’s degree in communication, graphic design, public administration, political science, international relations, conflict resolution and peacebuilding or related field required. (Masters preferred);
● Familiarity with programming development assistance required;
* Experience in Countering Violent Extremism or peace promotion preferred;
* Multiple Country work experience is required.
● Ability to work effectively in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience;
● Familiarity with internal control functions to manage day-to-day operations of the Activity; and
● Fluency (at level 4 or 5, Very Good to Excellent,) speaking, reading and writing in English, with a professional proficiency in French (required).
Deadline for application: November 9, 2017
*Applicants that do not have a USAID Biodata Form 1420, or need to obtain this form, please go to AID 1420-17 (Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet), or https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-1420-17 to get your copy.