Title: Research Director,
Location: Accra, Ghana with overall responsibility and frequent travel in the West Africa region,
Start Date (anticipated): January 2018, this position is contingent on TMG’s success in obtaining project funding.
The Mitchell Group is seeking a Research Director for a bid in regional West Africa. The Research Director will be responsible for providing overall vision, leadership and guidance of an activity with the status of Chief of Party. The Research Director shall have principal responsibility for overall activity management and technical operations to ensure that the activity’s tasks are completed, and the objectives of the activity are successfully met. The Research Director is expected to lead the Contractor’s team and serve as the primary point of contact with USAID regarding day-to-day activity implementation and management matters relating to the contract. They will have overall responsibility for assuring that all assistance provided under the Contract, whether by international or local experts/personnel, is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed; and for adequately managing and supervising the work of all experts/personnel provided under the contract. They will be the primary point of contact for information on the progress and status of all activities under the Contract and will establish appropriate mechanisms to ensure that activity progress and specific implementation concerns are regularly and promptly reported. The Research Director will manage the preparation and presentation of work plans, M&E plans, and all reports.
The Ideal Candidate: The Research Director should have a strong combination of technical, management and financial experience. Technical experience should include a combination of expertise in the areas of CLA (Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation), learning agenda development, analytical research, evaluation, and production of communication products of publishable quality. The Research Director should also have experience with CVE (Countering Violence, Extremism) and/or peace promotion.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements:
● At least 6 years of experience successfully managing monitoring and evaluation, that also includes CLA, analytical research, and/or program support mechanism in an international development context;
● Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation, public administration, political science, international relations, conflict resolution and peacebuilding or related field is required; (PhD preferred);
● Experience in Countering Violent Extremism or Peace Promotion is preferred;
● At 5 years of experience successfully managing and developing staff in a multi-country and multi-cultural setting (required);
●At least 5 years of managing USAID contracts and projects, including all reporting requirements (required);
● Experience establishing or supporting networks (preferred);
● Ability to perform internal control functions to manage day-to-day operations of the Activity; and
● Fluency (at level 4 or 5, Very Good to Excellent,) speaking, reading and writing in English, with a professional proficiency in French (required).
* Multiple Country work experience is required.
Deadline for Application: November 9, 2017
*Applicants that do not have a USAID Biodata Form 1420, or need to obtain this form, please go to AID 1420-17 (Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet), or https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-1420-17 to get your copy.