Title: Senior New Business and Proposal Development Manager
Location: Washington, DC (up to 15-20 % of travel)
Start date: As soon as possible
IESC is a nonprofit organization dedicated to equitable, sustainable economic growth in developing countries. IESC believes that a robust private sector is a foundation for resilient nations and strong communities. Since 1964 IESC has helped to grow small and medium enterprises around the world and strengthened the systems and institutions that support them. We work in the areas of enterprise development, trade and market driven agriculture, finance and investment, business enabling environment, workforce development, and institutional capacity building organized into practice areas.
IESC is seeking an experienced Senior New Business and Proposal Development Manager to join a passionate new business team in our Washington, D.C. offices. This position works closely with all members of the new business team and practice area teams. The Senior New Business and Proposal Development Manager is responsible for identifying and initiating new business opportunities guided by IESC’s strategic plan, managing the full proposal cycle, integrating technical approaches, writing select ancillary or technical sections, and overseeing cost volumes for solicited and unsolicited proposals. The position is full time, reports to the Vice President, New Business, and includes international travel.
Duties and Responsibilities
General Business Development
- Identify, manage, and lead new business opportunities;
- Make strategic contributions to IESC New Business strategy and lead or contribute to efforts to expand business lines;
- Integrate project products into IESC technical proposals and develop outreach materials;
- Supervise, mentor, and train staff and interns on capture, USAID and other client procurement processes, and proposal writing;
- Identify, implement, and manage New Business process improvement opportunities;
- Prepare SOWs, Consultant Agreements, or Purchase Orders for consultants for IESC Grants and Contracts approval.
- Identify and represent IESC at appropriate industry and sector events related to business development and IESC’s program areas;
- Develop and maintain strategic business relationships with clients and partners and conduct business negotiations as requested;
- Other duties as assigned.
Capture and Proposal Development
- Serve as capture and proposal manager, proposal integrator or writer, and/or proposal reviewer to manage or lead the development of multiple proposals including IDIQs;
- Lead or contribute to targeted capture efforts and proposal assessment trips as requested;
- Lead or manage proposal teams including sub-contractors/sub-partners, consultants, volunteers; and ensure rigorous proposal process implementation and timely submission of high quality technical and cost proposals;
- Manage the development of proposal strategy, engage in the design team, develop the outline and assure calendars are set for each proposal in close cooperation with the technical team;
- Ensure compliance with all procurement requirements;
- Write or integrate technical approaches and/or other sections of proposals including corporate qualification statements, past performance reports (PPRs), key personnel, and management sections);
- Guide the proposal recruiter on the selection of qualified candidates for proposals, and participate in interviews and negotiations as needed;
- Review proposal budgets for alignment with the technical approach;
- Coordinate with Contract Department on developing cost proposals and ensure full compliance;
- Develop teaming agreements, support negotiations with US and international partner organizations, and lead negotiations with local partners.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as economics, finance, business administration, English, international affairs/development;
- At least five years of USAID-focused new business development experience;
- At least two years of management experience in new business, capture and proposal development.
- Experience with USAID and other donor procurement processes (solicitations, tracking business opportunities, understanding application requirements);
- Solid experience, knowledge and understanding of proposal budgeting;
- Understanding of accounting principles and demonstrated financial management and analysis skills;
- Outstanding proposal integration and writing skills; experience in developing USAID proposals is required; (writing samples/proposals sections are requested.)
- Exceptional organizational, follow through, and time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to deal professionally with a wide variety of people at all levels, both U.S. and international;
- Self-starter with attention to detail, well-organized, with an ability to prioritize among multiple competing requests;
- Experience and proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint and other software;
- Strong research and analytical capabilities to analyze and synthesize information about new business opportunities, stakeholders, donors and country needs.
- Technical knowledge and capability in one of IESC’s business lines including trade, market driven agriculture, enterprise development, workforce development, access to finance) is strongly preferred;
- Fluency in other languages is preferred;
- U.S. citizen or eligibility to work in the U.S. is required.
How to Apply: Please a CV/Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org that clearly show you match all qualifications requirements. Documents needed: 1) CV in chronological format, that clearly show you match requirements and experience of the job; and 2) cover letter and a list of at least three professional referees; list will include name, contact information, and work relationship to the referee and, 3) add “Senior New Business Manager” in the subject line. 4) Please include writing samples, written by applicant that are preferably in IESC’s technical areas and/or proposal sections.
Deadline for Application: Apllicants under review -- Open until filled