We are seeking applicants for the Chief of Party, below, on behalf of a US client. Please be sure that your CV clearly shows that you match all of the qualifications requirements below, and review “How to Apply” instructions, as there are several documents requested to complete the application package.
Position: Chief of Party (COP)
Location, West Africa
Start Date and Duration of Assignment: ASAP. Assignment duration will be from March, 2018 through March, 2019 (21 months).
This position requires an experienced individual with:
- A minimum of 10-15 years of progressive work leading to coordination, and driving complicated, demanding monitoring, evaluation and organizational learning, and capacity development efforts, is required;
- Familiarity with the realities of rural development in arid lands of Africa, and with the technical domains of a livelihoods, governance/natural resources management, and health/nutrition (required).
- A minimum of 10 years in International Development sector work is required;
- A minimum of 5 years of senior development project management experience as director, deputy director, technical coordinator, or similar position is required;
- Experience with donor projects (required) or other similar donor programs, ideally interacting directly with the donor regarding programmatic, strategic communications, and contractual issues;
- Especially charismatic, professional credentials to be able to establish close, trustful relations for pursuing earnest organizational learning with donor resilience programs and partners, and host country officials, and institutions in Niger and other nearby countries (Preference);
- Multiple country work experience (required);
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills (required);
- Strong multi-cultural, inter-personal and supervision skills;
- Experience in knowledge management, collaborative learning, and organizational capacity development (required);
- Demonstrated practical experience in managing group dynamics and leading/coaching high-performing teams (required);
- Significant expertise in monitoring and evaluation (experience in conducting operational research, population-based surveys, and program impact evaluations) is required;
Education and Language Requirements:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in an appropriate inter-disciplinary area such as applied Social Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Organizational Sciences such as Industrial/Applied Psychology, Development Economics, or Management and Evaluation, or relevant areas
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills in French (equivalent to tested FSI R4/S4 required but FSI R3/S3 may be considered) and English is required.
Deadline for Application: Open until February 10