This week, I am retained by IREX International to recruit the Chief of Party for a new Teacher Training project that is ready to be implemented. Please note that in addition to 5 years of education project experience in the Development Sector, applicants must have high fluency in English at the near native level.
Title: Chief of Party, West Bank Teacher Training Program
Location: Ramallah, West
Start Date: As Soon as Possible, this is a funded USAID project.
IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing thought leadership and innovative programs to promote positive lasting change globally. We enable local individuals and institutions to build key elements of a vibrant society: quality education, independent media, and strong communities. To strengthen these sectors, our program activities also include conflict resolution, technology for development, women and youth.
Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $70 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide. IREX employs field-tested methods and innovative uses of technologies to develop practical and locally-driven solutions with our partners in more than 100 countries.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks a Chief of Party to manage a USAID-funded Pre-Service Teacher Education Activity in the West Bank. The program aims to improve the relevancy and quality of education diploma programs for pre-service teachers. The Chief of Party is the senior leadership position with overall responsibility for meeting program objectives.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide vision and strategic direction for the program
- Develop and implement a plan of activities to meet program objectives
- Initiate and manage the different types of partnerships that will be developed to ensure the program’s success and sustainability
- Serve as primary liaison with donor(s)
- Coordinate with local, regional and international organizations active in the education sector
- Manage and mentor program staff
Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of a Master‘s degree in a relevant or a related field is required, such as education, academic administration, and educational policy
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible international development experience in managing and implementing sustainable, donor-funded programs,
- Minimum of 5 years of experience implementing programming in the education sector,
- Demonstrated expertise in one of the following areas such as teacher training programming, faculty training and development, curriculum development, and/or development of education policies; improving learning environment, and education program design and implementation
- Coordinate with IREX home office
- Oversee program budgeting and ensure budget discipline
- Oversee monitoring, evaluation, and reporting on program activities,
- Successful candidate will be expected to have a proven track record of design, implementation, and successful delivery in similar projects as verified by references,
- Excellent interpersonal skills including conflict resolution abilities; and a demonstrated ability to hold staff accountable for quality outputs and results,
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including governments, private sector, higher educational institutions, schools, donors, etc.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Must be fluent in English at excellent or native level;
- Proficiency in Arabic is preferred
- Prior experience in the West Bank or MENA is preferred.
Deadline for application is November 8, 2017