I am accepting applications on behalf of Kanava International for a proposed project to be based in Pakistan. Seven (7) years of experience in management capacity building and/or organizational development is required to be considered.
Title: Chief of Party – Pakistan Capacity Development Services
Location: Islamabad Pakistan
Start Date: This is for a proposed project, start date expected to be around January 2018 ---this position is contingent on my client’s success in their bid for funding.
Kanava International, LLC is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated 3 year USAID-funded project focused on fiduciary risks and capacity development needs of local organizations in Pakistan. The project will also develop systems for management capacity, financial management, internal controls, procurement management, human resources management, and monitoring and evaluation.
Objectives and Expected Results:
The COP position will oversee all strategic, technical, and operational direction for the project, including capacity building initiatives and assessments, fiscal integrity, quality and timing of deliverables, and coordinating with USAID personnel and project stakeholders, including Pakistani government officials. The COP will be responsible for the overall quality and success of the project.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Master’s Degree in Management, International Development, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading a USAID project as a Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party
- Minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in international consulting on donor-funded projects, with a strong preference for USAID experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in management capacity building and/or organizational development, plus project management is required;
- Financial management, risk management, and/or monitoring and evaluation is a plus;
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
- Previous work in Af/Pak countries is required;
- Fluency in English at high level (very Good to Excellent)
- Effective communication skills, including written and oral English, to fulfill the technical and managerial requirements of the program and to effectively work with stakeholders
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Multiple country work experience is required
Kanava spurs economic development by helping build sustainable organizations by focusing on strengthening their management capacity to better support their technical work. All of our work is guided by the following tenets: build trust and demonstrate integrity; empower growth and development; and promote creative problem-solving. We currently work on projects in Africa, Asia, and the U.S.
Deadline for Application: Applicants under review --Extended Deadline June 19, 2017 or Open until filled