Position: Chief of Party (COP)
Project: Tunisia Business Reform and Competitiveness Project II (BRCP II)
Location: The COP will work out of the BRCP II office in Tunis, and is expected to travel to regional BRCP II satellite offices throughout Tunisia, as needed.
Start Date and Duration of Assignment: This position is contingent upon award of a contract. Currently, the BRCP II proposal is due to USAID on February 27, 2017. Our best guess is that an award will be issued no later than Q4 2017.
Summary: Aines International is currently seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID Business Reform and Competitiveness Project II (BRCP II), on behalf of a Washington DC area firm. The Project is a five-year economic growth/jobs creation activity in Tunisia that aims to increase private sector competitiveness; support workforce development;
and improve the business enabling environment. The COP will provide overall technical, strategic, management, and operational oversight on BRCP II. The COP will also serve as the primary project liaison to USAID and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide strategic direction and technical leadership.
- Serve as the firm’s primary project representative in Tunisia, managing key relationship with USAID, government counterparts, and local partners/stakeholders.
- Provide financial oversight to ensure fiscal accountability.
- Oversee program monitoring, evaluation and reporting to ensure programmatic results and outcomes are to client satisfaction and in compliance with donor requirements.
- Oversee field operations, ensuring information flow and dissemination between regional satellite offices, and local HQ in Tunis.
- Liaise with Home Office staff on a periodic basis on technical, management and operational outputs, ensuring clear/open lines of communication.
- Ensure contract compliance with USAID policies and regulations
- Supervise and mentor senior management staff.
- Graduate degree in a relevant field such as business, finance, economics, public administration, law, or other relevant or equivalent field.
- Demonstrated experience in managing private sector development programs (e.g., SME development, workforce development) of similar scale and complexity.
- Must have managed programs greater than $20 million.
- At least ten (10) years of international development experience, including substantial experience working with developing the private sector.
- At least 3 years of experience managing/overseeing USAID-funded contracts.
- Experience in policy reform, including but not limited to business enabling environment reform and private sector engagement in a developing country.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including facilitation, team building, and coordination.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Fluency in English is required; proficiency in French or Arabic is highly desired.
- Experience working in the MENA region is preferred.
- Multiple country work experience is required.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: February 8, 2017 or until filled.