I am seeking to fill the following position on behalf of AMIDEAST, a Washington, DC firm with a focus on international education, training and development activities and projects in the Middle East and North Africa.
Position: Chief of Party,
Location: Ramallah, West Bank and Gaza
Expected Start Date: Expected to start in fall 2017.
AMIDEAST, a non-profit organization focused on development in the Middle East. AMIDEAST is currently seeking a Chief of Party for an upcoming USAID basic education project to be implemented in the West Bank/Gaza.
- Previous experience as a USAID Chief of Party preferred
- Doctorate in Education from an accredited university
- Prior work experience as a teacher
- At least 10 years’ experience in implementing/managing donor-funded programs
- Multiple country work experience required
- Experience in the Middle East/North Africa preferred
- Fluency in English required
- Arabic language proficiency highly desired
- Candidates should have at least 10 years of professional experience in international basic education programs, with a specialization in one of the following:
- Curriculum Development
- Education management information systems
- capacity building for Ministries of education
- In-service teacher training on a broad scale
- School Administration/Leadership
- Teacher Training/teaching methodology
- Vocational Education
- Technical Experience in the following is also highly desired:
- Development of public-private sector linkages
- Community development outreach.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: extended to February 28, 2017 or until filled.