I am recruiting the following position on behalf of AMIDEAST, a Washington, DC based organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa.
Title of Position: Chief of Party (COP)
Location: Ramallah, West Bank
Start Date and duration of program: RFP release expected first quarter, FY 17; (Expected start date to be in fall 2017)
Program: The Pre-Service Teacher Training Program, Grades 5-10 in the West Bank
The Pre-Service Teacher Training Program will focus on training teachers and administrators who are not yet in the classroom.
The Chief of Party (COP) has overall responsibility for leading and managing the Program’s administrative, programmatic, technical, and operational aspects in the field.
- Oversee administrative, programmatic, and operational implementation in the West Bank
- Provide leadership and direction for the activity
- Supervise overall program implementation and ensure compliance with AMIDEAST, USAID, and host country requirements.
- Shares expertise in pre-service teacher training and school improvement reform.
- Works closely with senior staff and leads them in design, development, and implementation of program activities;
- Supervises the finance and compliance and makes sure that necessary USAID and host country regulatory compliance directives are implemented and proper policies and procedures are enforced.
- Selects, hires, and supervises staff and subcontractors; assigns roles & responsibilities; manages performance
- Collaborates with partners and ensure that this strong team is cohesive and efficient
- Interfaces with the stakeholder Ministry officials, government leaders, and USAID
- A Master’s degree in Education, or a relevant field from a recognized university;
- A minimum of ten years of international education work experience in school improvement/school reform required;
- A minimum of five years of experience in pre-service teacher training required;
- Must have proven leadership (minimum of 5 years) in the administration of projects with budgets greater than $10 million projects; (projects can be donor technical assistance projects or universities’ international development initiatives);
- Previous experience as a Chief of Party for USAID or similar highly desired
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in MENA required;
- Multiple country work experience is required
- Fluency in English (is required), with some knowledge of Arabic highly desired;
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Extended to February 28, 2017 or until filled.