During the next few weeks, we will be accepting applicants for the Chief of Party, below, on behalf of The Mitchell Group. Here is a little advice about applying for this post. Please make sure that your CV clearly shows that you match all of the qualifications requirements of this position. French fluency (equivalent to tested FSI R4/S4 or FSI R3/S3) and English are required for this post, and there are several documents requested to complete the application package.
Position: Chief of Party (COP),
Project: USAID Sahel Resilience Learning Project (SAREL),
Location: The COP will be based in SAREL’s main office in Niamey, Niger (West Africa), but will also be expected to travel to and manage the SAREL’s satellite office and staff in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
The COP shall be responsible for leading and managing the following Project: USAID Sahel Resilience Learning Project (SAREL),
This position requires an experienced individual with:
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills;
- Strong multi-cultural, inter-personal and supervision skills;
- Especially charismatic, professional credentials to be able to establish close, trustful relations for pursuing earnest organizational learning with, particularly USAID’s resilience programs and partners, including REGIS-ER and REGIS-AG, and host country officials, and institutions in Burkina Faso and Niger;
- Considerable academic credentials and experience in knowledge management, collaborative learning, and organizational capacity development;
- Demonstrated practical experience in managing group dynamics and leading/coaching high-performing teams;
- Significant expertise in monitoring and evaluation (experience in conducting operational research, population-based surveys, and program impact evaluations);
- Familiarity with the realities of rural development in arid lands of Africa, and with the technical domains of the RISE Initiative – that is, livelihoods, governance/natural resources management, and health/nutrition.
Education Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of to coordination, and driving complicated, demanding monitoring, evaluation and organizational learning, and capacity development efforts,
- A minimum of 10 years in International Development sector work is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of senior development project management experience as director, deputy director, technical coordinator, or similar position Is required.
- Experience with USAID project (required) or other similar donor programs, ideally interacting directly with the donor regarding programmatic, strategic communications, and contractual issues.
- Multiple country work experience is required.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in an appropriate inter-disciplinary area such as applied Social Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Organizational Sciences such as Industrial/Applied Psychology, Development Economics, or Management and Evaluation,
- Oral and written communication and presentation skills in French (equivalent to tested FSI R4/S4 required but FSI R3/S3 may be considered) and English is required.
Deadline for Application: October 15, 2016 -Finalists have been chosen
*Applicants that do have a USAID Biodata Form 1420, or do not know where to obtain this form, please go toAID 1420-17 (Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet), or https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-1420-17 to get your copy.