Position: Chief of Party for Feed the Future Project
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Expected Start Date: October 2016, this is a 5 - year project.
I am accepting CVs on behalf of ACDI/VOCA for this anticipated project. For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 34 projects in 26 countries and revenues of approximately $174 million.
SUMMARY: ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future Project in Cambodia. The project’s primary focus will be to promote improved nutrition and food security, agricultural growth, private sector engagement, and local capacity building. The Chief of Party will provide principal leadership and technical inputs for all project objectives. This key position is subject to ACDI/VOCA being awarded the program.
- Provide major oversight for the proposed project activities
- Lead the overall planning, implementation, and management of the project
- Establish administrative framework to monitor and assure progress toward the goals and objectives of the project
- Manage relationships with counterparts at various levels of government, NGOs, private sector associations, and stakeholders from international development projects
- Ensure quality control and timeliness of all deliverables
- Supervise the preparation of work plans, financial, logistical, and other documents
- Manage coordination mechanisms with relevant stakeholders. Serves as the key liaison with HQ, government officials, the private sector, local and international NGOs, implementing partners, and community members. Delivers conference presentations on behalf of ACDI/VOCA. Serve as the primary point of contact to USAID CO and COR.
- Develop and facilitate verbal or written presentations as requested by ACDI/VOCA and USAID
- Recommend, approve, and implement operational policies, procedures, and schedules within limits of authority
- Ensure clear lines of communications to keep staff informed of relevant information and dialog both in the field and from headquarters.
- Supervise relevant assessments to identify programmatic needs and future direction. Develop existing and cultivate new program opportunities.
- Master’s degree in international development, agricultural economics, or related field (required).
- Minimum of ten years of experience managing large, multi-year development programs (required).
- Minimum of five years of experience in a Chief of Party capacity in a USAID funded project is required.
- Minimum of 3 years managing development projects larger than $20 million USD is required.
- Experience supervising complex and challenging field operations in closed societies and/or transitional or developing countries
- In-depth knowledge of applicable donor programmatic, compliance and reporting requirements.
- Proven ability to successfully initiate rapid program start-up and manage a complex project to completion. Innovative program development and management skills.
- Proven ability to build relationships with governmental organizations as well as private and community organizations.
- Experience in financial management including budgeting; tracking, reporting and accounting of finances and procurement.
- Experience with contract management, activity, design, development and implementation;
- Experience overseeing multiple program areas simultaneously; hiring, training and supervision of local personnel.
- Proven ability in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience living or working in Southeast Asia is required, Cambodia experience is preferred.
- Fluency in English required. Working proficiency in Khmer preferred.
- Experience in the implementation of complex agricultural value chain projects (required).
- Experience in horticulture, and private sector agribusiness is a preference.
- Multiple country work experience is required
Deadline for Application: March 30, 2016