I am accepting applications on behalf of ACDI-VOCA for the proposed position below:
Position: Chief of Party,
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Anticipated Start Date: October, 2016 --- this is expected to be a five-year project.
Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
We are currently seeking a Chief of Party for a multiyear, USAID-funded Feed the Future project in Ethiopia that will focus on agricultural development, agribusiness and market development. This project will work to increase nutrition-sensitive agricultural productivity, strengthen market systems and trade and improve the agricultural enabling environment. Chief of Party responsibilities for this program include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide overall technical vision, leadership, and project management
- Supervision of all international consultants and local project staff
- Ensure day-to-day technical, schedule, and financial performance of the project in accordance with the scope of work and annual work plans
- Serve as the project's key liaison with headquarters, USAID, government counterparts, private sector stakeholders, subcontractors, academic institutions, and other local partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships
- Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors
- Oversee preparation and supervision of project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Quality control and timeliness of all deliverables
- Review of all financial and logistical information on a periodic basis
- Recommendation and evaluation of proposed staff
- Making verbal or written presentations as requested by the client to varied audiences
- Master’s degree in international development, agriculture, livestock management, economics or related field of study or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of chief-of-party experience in managing large (at least $20 million), complex agricultural development programs with a private sector/multi-value chain development focus, preferably within Africa.
- Experience collaborating across activities and strong communications and interpersonal skills, with ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, private sector, other projects, NGOs,).
- Familiarity in the following value chains preferred: maize, chickpea, coffee, cattle, sheep, goat, dairy, poultry, is preferred
- Ability to collaborate successfully with host-country government officials, international donors, and private sector stakeholders is required,
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Extensive management experience and strong leadership and communication skills required.
- Work experience in Ethiopia and/or other East African countries preferred.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, private sector, NGOs, research institutions).
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative across projects, flexible and creative.
- Fluency in English.
- Multiple country work experience is required
Deadline for Applications: March 15, 2016