Position Title: Director, Business Development
Location: Washington, DC
Start Date: ASAP, this is a full-time/regular position
The Director is responsible for providing leadership for the growth of the grants portfolio. S/he leads the organizational strategy to develop and strengthen the strategic relationships with institutional donors, including US government, professional foundations and multi-lateral donors. S/he cultivates relationships and increases organizational visibility and thought leadership in international development fora, particularly related to revenue streams, with the aim of positioning the organization as a partner of choice.
- Provides leadership and strategic direction for the grants acquisition and management function, including development and stewardship of the organizational strategy for revenue growth as it relates to grants and contracts
- Provides leadership for the growth and health of institutional donor portfolio.
- Responsible for identifying a strategic set of institutional donor targets and ensuring strong cultivation plans for them. This includes personally leading account teams, engaging in pre-positioning and cultivation activities.
- Builds strategic relationships including strengthening the organization's profile with federal agencies, international NGOs, multi-lateral institutions, and foundation senior staff.
- Manages a dynamic team of business development and grants and contracts professionals to set organizational processes for new business development and award management, as well as the development of financial targets for the portfolio.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 10+ years of experience interacting with various government entities in grants and contracts acquisition and management, and establishment of organizational visibility in growing a portfolio, especially with USAID, USDOL, USDOS and other federal agencies (required).
- At least 5 years in senior management position leading /managing teams in the business development process and managing large scale government project (required).
- At least 2 years prior experience leading pre-positioning for US government bids and other large donors, and leading a team to write grants and seek governmental funding opportunities (required).
- Proven experience as a strong manager of people and the development of organizational processes and strategies.
- Proven experience in project management, grant portfolio development and setting up compliance processes. Experience in several areas of these: Economic Growth, D & G, Health, Youth, Education, etc.
- Understanding of USG grants submission, procurement, and compliance requirements and regulations (required).
- Strong strategic thinking to develop creative, effective strategies to achieve organization's grants business objectives.
- Strong communication skills, teamwork, networking, and working under stress.
- Excellent English writing (required).
- Demonstrated multi-cultural skills and proven success working in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Willingness/ability to travel in developing countries (required)
- Experience with establishing public-private alliances is also a plus.
- US citizen or authorization to work in the US (required);
- Master's degree in International Development or a field related to some of the clients core program (required).
How to Apply: Please send a resume/CV, that clearly show how you meet the required skills & experience, and a list of 3 references, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the name of the positions (Director, BD -- Washington DC) in the subject line of your email.
Deadline for Application: Closed