I am accepting resumes for the following short-term technical advisors in anticipation of a future project.
Various Subject Matter Experts Needed (short term): in areas of Supply-Chain/Marketing experts, Agrochemical knowledge experts, Livelihood/Education Specialists, Input Regulation Experts, Seed Experts, M&E Manager.
Location: Eastern Africa (countries to be decided at later date)
Start Date: To be Decided; duration of contract will be minimum of one (1) year
Project Summary: The Program seeks to address stagnant production levels and declining soil fertility through increased access to high quality agricultural inputs. Several countries have relatively low agricultural productivity for a variety of reasons: poor agronomic practices, low quality germplasm, declining soil fertility, losses due to pests and disease, and poor post-harvest handling practices, all contribute to an agricultural system failing to meet its potential. The overall objective of this program is increased production of maize, beans, and coffee through the appropriate use of high quality agro-inputs. Improving the availability (physical distribution), access (affordability and quality), and utilization (knowledge of inputs and safe usage) of high quality agro-inputs, will result in higher yields and incomes for target farmers.
Each Technical Advisor will be needed for duration of 1 to 6 months. The Scope of Work will include: country visits, feasibility studies, meeting with potential local organizations, short-term input on existing and future donor projects, proposal input (for this and other projects in the area).
- Supply-Chain/Marketing expert– knowledge of national & local suppliers as well as the habits of the potential consumers – branding, packaging;
- Agrochemical knowledge expert – to improve soil fertility (fertilizer) and pesticide usage;
- Livelihood/Education Specialist – create/increase education programs for proper usage and benefits: a. Agricultural Youth Programs/link to university/ demo farms; b. Should have experience w local govt and NGOs ;
- Input Regulation – counterfeit input, quality control, govt policy review;
- Seed expert– quality control, access to good product, pest resistance, etc….
- Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager
- Advanced degree (MA/MBA) in related field with 10 years in Subject Matter area of expertise (preferred)
- 5 to 10 years of progressively responsible experience in international development, with at least five in subject matter area. (required)
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in subject matter expertise relating to the consultancy (required).
- Experience with USAID projects (required) or other similar donor programs, ideally interacting directly with the donor and stakeholders, regarding programmatic, strategic communications, collaboration.
- Complete fluency in English (required).
- Multiple country work experience is required;
- Prior work experience in East Africa donor funded projects is highly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal, supervision, problem-solving, and coordination (required).
Closing date for applications: September 15, 2016